Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Such a PROUD Momma!

I have two wonderful children, and I am so proud of them. My son is nine and he has never been much of a sports kid. Sure he likes to watch it on tv or play ball with the kids next door, but he never really wanted to play organized sports. We tried soccer three times, basketball twice, and he wouldn't even attempt baseball. I follow multiple home school groups online and saw that the local ice rink had home school classes we decided that he would try it. The poor child had never had on any kind of skates before, but he was brave went out on the ice and has never stopped.
It has been over a year now and next season he will be playing on his first hockey team! I am so excited for him, but his father and I have never been hockey fans. We are from Kentucky so BASKETBALL is a must watch in our household. GO BIG BLUE!!! My husband and I have a lot to learn before this fall.
Last year when my daughter turned three she wanted to take ballet classes. She looked so cute in her tutu and  she was doing so well. When her brother started skating she would go sit at the ice rink with me and we would watch him. During his class time a lot of the figure skaters would come practice and take private lessons. Once she saw the figure skaters that was it, she QUIT ballet and was determined to start figure skating when she turned four.
She has now had six group lesson and her teacher said she is a doing better than most her age. She couldn't believe that she is only four and that she listens, tries so hard, and is fearless.
I am so proud of the both of them! I love them to the moon and back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment